Oxford, the city of dreamy choirs .....

A misquote perhaps, but not too far from the truth.

So what's this blog all about?

Oxford choirs & choral societies.

Choral concerts in Oxford and elsewhere (plus the occasional non-choral classical concert).

Recordings of classical choral music.

If that's your cup of tea then read on, and don't forget to zoom to the bottom of the page every now and again to check out the videos and pictures ....

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Ramble on

For those of you who don't recognise the title of this, my very first blog, it's actually the name of an early Led Zeppelin song. Hardly the sort of thing you would expect to see in a blog about Oxford choirs, but then my tastes are fairly widespread so you might have to expect the unexpected. Plus the title probably pretty well sums up my style overall.

By way of introduction I should say that I've lived in Oxford for over half my life (27 years so far, and no sign of moving on) and I've been singing with one Oxford choir, Oxford Harmonic Society for all that time. Apologies if I mention them a lot in various posts, but I will be drawing on personal experience so it shouldn't be too surprising.

What do I have in store for you? Well definitely a review of Oxford choirs to help you identify which ones you might want to join or hear in concert, a bit of information about the various Oxford concert venues, my opinions on various recordings of favourite choral works, the odd list or two (ten obscure but wonderful choral works, the top 10 choral works in Classic FM's Hall of Fame over the years and so on), interesting titbits I've discovered about various composers ......

Yes, I know, I'm rambling on already. Just wait until I really get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment